Sunday, June 12, 2011

Early Morning Photography Trip

I got up at 3am to drive out to Kalø Castle and take pictures at sunrise. It was a really beautiful trip, and I need to find some new destinations to visit over the summer with my camera that early in the day.
The approximately 1 mile long cobbled way out to the castle.
The view from the lookout where I had my breakfast. The castle is now a ruin, and this is parts of the ramparts.

The castle tower. The castle was built in the fourteenth century.



In the seventeenth century, the castle was torn down to what it looks like now. The stones were used to built another castle on Sealand.

The ruin is undergoing restaurations, so to avoid scaffolds in my shots, my options were limited.

A look into the tower. Today, only rooks live there.

This is why I got up at 3am and went all the way out there.

The cobbled way to the mainland.

During the day - especially in the summer - the place is filled with tourists. But early in the morning, I can be a lonesome queen of the castle.

Pretty, huh?

1 comment:

  1. This is simply beautiful. Thank you for sharing it with us <3

    ReplyDelete